Capacity Building and Participation Grants Program (CBP)
The $6.4 million program will boost participation, inclusion and contribution of priority groups – including regional communities, refugees and asylum seekers, young people, women and seniors – and is on top of $1.2 million to build capacity and boost participation in African and Pacific Island communities.
The CBP funds new and existing initiatives in culturally diverse and faith-based communities that seek to:
- reduce family violence and all forms of violence against women
- empower Victorians of African and Pacific Island backgrounds, particularly young people, to lead projects of change
- remove social and economic barriers by better connecting communities with mainstream services
- strengthen the capacity of local organisations to better engage and support the people they represent
- remove social and economic barriers for young people.
The 2018-19 funding round will be open until 4 June 2018, for projects commencing in the 2018-19 financial year.
For more information, visit multicultural.vic.gov.au/grants.