The Minister for Aged Care, the Hon Ken Wyatt AM, MP has released the third Home Care Packages data report on the operations of the new arrangements for home care. The report includes data from 1 October to 31 December 2017.
The report presents data across four key categories:
- eligibility and assessment of home care consumers
- the national prioritisation process (including the number of packages assigned and the number of people on the national queue)
- service delivery (demand and supply for home care across aged care planning regions)
- provider behaviour on maximum exit amounts published on the My Aged Care service finder.
This report expands significantly on indicators introduced in the earlier two reports, by providing data on:
- the time consumers have spent waiting in the national prioritisation queue
- the location on a regional Aged Care Planning Region (ACPR) and state/territory basis where new consumers are entering home care
- growth in the number of approved providers on an ACPR basis.
The report is available from the AIHW GEN aged care data website.