The transition of Home and Community Care (HACC) services for older people to the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), the introduction of My Aged Care, and the implementation of the full scheme of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) on 1 July 2016, marked the beginning of a period of significant change in Victoria.
To support the sector, the Commonwealth Department of Health (DoH) and Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) are contributing $1.5 million per annum in Sector Development and Change Management activities until 30 June 2019 to:
- support providers to understand and adapt to changes;
- gather intelligence from the sector on issues and opportunities;
- and enable agreed activities for retaining the benefits of the Victorian system to occur.
In 2017 we have been working to:
- establish nine Regional Development Coordinator positions;
- develop and implement a change management and communication plan to support the sector to manage current and future reform changes;
- and develop a joint process for coordinating information on local service priorities for planning.
For full details click here.