Transition to the Aged Care Quality Standards (the Standards) has begun. Subject to parliamentary processes, assessment and monitoring against the new Standards will start from 1 July 2019.
A copy of the exposure draft of the Aged Care Legislation Amendment (Single Quality Framework) Principles 2018, which contains the new Standards, is available on the department's website.
This year’s National NAIDOC Week theme is: Because of Her, We Can! Lisa Tribuzio, North Metro Diversity Advisor, visits the Aborigines Advancement League in Thornbury to chat with Cathy Austin, Metro Aboriginal Development Officer about NAIDOC Week.
An update of the schedules for residential and home care subsidies and supplements will take effect from 1 July 2018. The Maximum Permissible Interest Rate (MPIR) will also change from 1 July 2018.
The NSAF has been reviewed in response to feedback from the sector during the My Aged Care co-design workshops in 2016 and supports the recommendations of the Aged Care Legislated Review 2017. The review has resulted in system changes to the NSAF which will be introduced as part of Release 12 on 2 July 2018.
Thank you to our members and all participants and helpers who contributed to a very successful day.
Please review your outlet information if your organisation has:
Closed, opened or moved outlets;
Received new grants, or extensions to existing grants; and
Changed where a program activity is delivered from.
- CHSP funding extension update
- CHSP funding extension webinar — Thursday 24 May 2018
- Policy clarifications and new funding conditions effective 1 July 2018
- Receiving CHSP services while on a home care package
- Defining ‘entry-level’ services under the CHSP
- The CHSP flexibility provision
- Wellness and reablement consultations summary
- Data Exchange (DEX): system enhancements coming in August 2018
- Meals providers: correct DEX reporting
- Keeping your organisation’s details updated on My Aged Care
Fantastic turn out at Tuesday's North Metro Community Care Forum & EXPO.